When I was 15, my dad took me to China for the first time. Now, I'm almost 21, and am still desperate to go to Asia any chance I get. I have been to China 6 times. Each trip was a completely different experience, during which I learned about Asia, business, and, most importantly, myself.
I'm not going to list each trip or just copy my resume. Instead, I'd prefer to share my insights into Asian culture and business, from the perspective of someone who has grown up during each trip to China. Although I study Asia in school, I learn the most about the region when I'm actually there, interacting with people and living and working as they do.
Most people find it random that a girl from New Jersey has become so immersed and obsessed with Asia and Asian business, but that's just how it happened.... I went to China and fell in love. China was an escape from real life. It was a fantasy that I was somehow living. It still is. Even just reading a new book about Asia or attending a lecture allows me to feel that same sense of accomplishment and wonder that I felt when I first landed in Beijing.
No comments:
Post a Comment